Monday, November 22, 2010

time out

While Mullaney and I were in New York we stopped by Starbucks to rest our feet and get a treat! HaHa that rhymes.  We sat in the front of the store which had a lovely, large window.  It was interesting feeling my feet throb while watching the rest of New York busily go about the day.  Then I realized the man running the hot dog cart and pocketbook cart in front of Starbucks had closed up his stand in the middle of the day.  I then saw him open up a small rug and place it between the stands, take off his shoes and kneel down to pray.  So I just couldn't resist the contrast of a quiet moment in such a loud day, and I took a photo.  Then a customer walked up to the cart while the man was praying.  Then the thought crossed my mind...I would rather miss a sale then miss a prayer.  Just then the praying man lifted his head from the ground and I noticed he was holding a cell phone and talking to someone.  I wonder if God uses Att or verizon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

image

image

autumn

autumn


acorns

acorns